Lecturer in Core Skills - Information Technology (part time)
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic educator to teach core skills subjects across a number of our FE and HE undergraduate programme areas. Candidates should have strengths in teaching subjects covering information technology and computer skills, allowing students to grasp these concepts and practically apply them.
Across SRUC, there is an emphasis on preparing students for careers in the rural sector, including agriculture, animal care and entrepreneurship, and fostering the essential skills needed by industry. You will grasp the opportunity to foster cross-disciplinary collaborations and ambitions that will build on current strengths within the department, and across the institution.
Key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Teaching and supporting UG students,
- Maintaining a portfolio of teaching activity of high quality, reputation, and impact.
- Continually developing approaches to teaching and learning which are innovative in the subject area and reflect best practice.
- Participating actively in the development of subject based pedagogy and teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
- Involvement in continuing professional development in relation to teaching and, where appropriate, related professional practices.
- Contributing to the development, application and maintenance of academic standards in a defined area of work to advance student academic development.
- Preparation of lesson plans and delivery of classes in Core Skills.
- Offering academic support and guidance to students.
- Creating and marking assessments, reviewing and resulting assessment decisions.
- Participation in the Internal Verification process of Core Skills.
To be considered for this role you should possess a Degree level qualification within a relevant area and be qualified to teach up to and including Level 8. A Teaching Qualification or a willingness to complete one within two years of appointment is essential. Previous experience of teaching core skills is essential.
This role is part-time: 18h 30mins per week worked over 3 days – days to be confirmed.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Description document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the APPLY link.
Closing date: 9 September 2021