Subject Manager - History
IB Diploma Programme Group 3 (Individuals and Societies) History
Full time hours 37.5 per week, permanent position
IB Assessment Centre, Cardiff
Salary circa £42,000 per annum depending on experience
Are you looking to work for a global organization with a meaningful mission? Would you like your professional skills to make a difference in the world? Do you want to collaborate globally to achieve common goals? If so, the International Baccalaureate is seeking a Subject Manager in History, to support our current provision in the Diploma Programme. Find out more about History in the Diploma Programme by exploring the useful links at the end of this notice.
The post-holder will work with other subject managers to develop and deliver the assessment of IB History subjects, to ensure reliability, accuracy and fairness in assessment.
The post-holder will lead and manage the development and delivery of an assigned portfolio of History subjects, comprising:
- History Higher level (May and November exam sessions)
- School-based syllabuses (May session only): Art history, Classical Greek and Roman studies, Modern history of Kazakhstan and Turkey in the 20th Century.
Working with other subject managers, the post-holder will manage senior examiner teams for the assigned portfolio of subjects and take responsibility for all assessment related activities of these teams, including examination paper authoring, standardization and grade awarding.
The post-holder will work closely and collaboratively with other subject managers as well as with colleagues in the Learning and Teaching Division to develop the History curriculum and teacher support material and to support the professional development of IB teachers.
- Lead a team of senior examiners in designated subjects
- Lead authoring teams to produce high quality assessments
- Implement effective standardization processes and monitor the marking of assessment material
- Participate actively in grade award meetings
- Plan and manage expenses related to assessment for the designated subjects, as appropriate
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders any relevant information or advice on assessment related matters for the designated subjects
- Represent the assessment division/development and delivery in curriculum review
- The ability to work in Spanish and/or French
- A particular interest in the assessment of History, from ancient to modern times
- Successful experience in a similar role
- Experience in examining
Other Special Requirements:
Flexibility to work weekends during peak examination sessions (May/June, November/December).
We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. The International Baccalaureate is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants.
- The IB website: International education - International Baccalaureate® (ibo.org)
- The Diploma programme (DP): Diploma Programme (DP) - International Baccalaureate® (ibo.org)
- The DP Curriculum: DP curriculum - International Baccalaureate® (ibo.org)
- The History curriculum: History in the DP - International Baccalaureate® (ibo.org)
- Subject brief – History standard level (SL): history-sl-2020-eng.pdf (ibo.org)
- Subject brief – History higher level (HL): history-hl-2020-eng.pdf (ibo.org)
- School-based syllabuses: information-about-school-based-syllabuses_e.pdf (ibo.org)
- Assessment and Exams: Assessment & exams - International Baccalaureate® (ibo.org)