Research Assistant, Stem Cell Research
A Research Assistant (RA) position is available in a leading stem cell research team in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUHS, National University of Singapore. The job entails work in a laboratory and hospital setting.
The successful candidate will work with a team undertaking laboratory research and clinical trials on human umbilical cord Wharton’s jelly stem cells for the treatment of surgical and diabetic wounds, keloids, bed-sores and blood cancers. The team is currently developing cGMP clinical-grade Wharton’s jelly stem cells for these applications.
The candidate will be working closely with Research Prof Ariff Bongso and Research Assoc Prof Fong Chui Yee. The candidate will be offered a 1 year contract in the first instance, renewable subject to candidate’s performance.
The applicant should possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in the biological, biomedical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or allied sciences.
- No experience required. On the job training will be provided.
- Any form of cell/tissue culture experience is preferred
- Previous stem cell research or cGMP laboratory experience will be an advantage but not essential.
- Should be comfortable in assisting with work on animal models
- Should possess good writing and communication skills to work as a team member.
- Required to work closely with team members in a current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) laboratory that is developing clinical grade Wharton’s jelly stem cell lines
- Assist with preparation of cGMP-compliant nanocarriers that will be impregnated with the stem cells
- Assist in laboratory and animal research experiments, analysis of data and writing of reports.
- Assist with administrative support for approval of documentation to ethical and health service authorities.
- Assist with ordering of consumables, lab maintenance and documentation of lab safety procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator or his representative.
Working Hours & Address
8.30 am to 6 pm on week days. A few additional hours on week-ends or after office hours if experiments require this.
Address of workplace:
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research Laboratories, MD11 Clinical Research Centre, NUS Campus, Kent Ridge, Singapore.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified and interviewed.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No