Research Associate in Energy Studies Institute, Energy and the Environment
6 days left
- Full Time
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
The Energy and the Environment Division has vacancies for researcher in the fields of energy systems modelling and analysis, environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields.
- Develop strong energy and environmental systems research that contribute to energy policy-making for Singapore and the region.
- Participate and lead research projects undertaken by the Institute, in particular projects supporting government agencies in energy and climate change.
- Produce policy reports and publish articles in reputable academic journals.
- Cultivate networks, initiate collaborations and prepare funding proposals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including the organising of seminars, workshops and conferences, and other tasks assigned by the Head of Division.
- Possess a Bachelor or Master degree in the fields of energy and climate economics, systems modelling, environmental engineering or other related quantitative research fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the fields of above.
- A good understanding and interest in energy and environmental issues, such as energy supply, demand and trade, energy efficiency, energy and the environment, and climate change.
- Relevant research experience in climate change, energy systems modelling, decomposition analysis, input-output analysis, life cycle analysis, and energy technology assessment.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the area of energy and environment would be highly valuable.
- Published in reputable energy, environmental and/or systems modelling related journals.
- Have a strong written and oral command of the English language.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute