Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Biology
6 days left
- Full Time
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The newly established Department of Biology is an academic unit within the College of Arts and Science. With its recently accredited B.Sc.in Cell and Molecular Biology (CAMB) program, the Department is responsible for teaching CAMB majors and also students in other science and engineering disciplines. Majority of the CAMB majors will be “Pre-Med” students aiming to enter Khalifa University’s MD program upon graduation. The department will be based in the main campus, next to the College of Medicine and Health Sciences and the department of Biomedical Engineering, thus allowing for natural collaborations across science, engineering and medicine. The department will soon be planning new M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Biological Sciences as well.
Detailed information can be found at:
The Department invites applications for faculty positions in all ranks up to Full Professor and in any biological science discipline, with a current preference for candidates with a background in cell biology, immunology, and molecular biology.
- The candidate is expected to have a strong research potential, demonstrated by relevant publications in high-impact journals, and university-level teaching experience. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
- Successful candidates are expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain active research programs that lead to peer-reviewed publications in high-impact professional journals, and provide service to the department, the university, and the profession.
- Successful candidates are also expected to be involved in thematic research within one or more of the university’s research priority areas.
- A PhD or equivalent doctorate in related discipline from an accredited institution is required. Preference will be given to candidates with education from and/or previous service in highly-ranked institutions of higher education combined with prior teaching and postdoctoral research experience.
- Applicants should submit a complete application package by email to RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae in a single pdf file includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references. Applicant should indicate which positions they are applying in their covering letter. Successful applicants should be available to take up the post in August 2021/January 2022.Please state the above reported reference code(s) starting with IRC 63470 in the email.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a complete application package by email to RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae in a single pdf file includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references. Applicant should indicate which positions they are applying in their covering letter. Successful applicants should be available to take up the post in August 2021/January 2022.Please state the above reported reference code(s) starting with IRC 63470 in the email.
Apply for Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Biology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates