Head for Department of Trauma Surgery
Director of the University Hospital Brno and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Trauma Surgery
The Department of Trauma Surgery is a medical, educational and research institution of the University Hospital Brno and the Medical Faculty. It provides comprehensive diagnostic and medical care in the area of traumatized patients in cooperation with other specialized workplaces of the Brno University Hospital. It also participates in the operation of the Trauma Center of the Brno University Hospital.
The candidate for the position of a Department Head must be a respected expert in the field of traumatology, with experience of working in a given field and with expertise in pre-graduate and postgraduate education.
The Head of the department will be responsible for the management of the clinic, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the clinic. The Candidate for Department Head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University education in general medicine or equivalent education acquired abroad;
- Eligibility to pursue the profession of physician in the relevant field in accordance with Section 5 of Act No. 95/2004 Coll.;
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc.; Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, or a prerequisite for achieving it within three years;
- Personal and professional requirements for managing the medical and academic team of the clinic;
- Teaching experience and readiness to guarantee vocational subjects taught at the workplace;
- Scientific and publishing activities in the given field;
- Active knowledge of the Czech language;
- Moral integrity;
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); does not have to document persons born after 1 December 1971 and applicants from abroad.
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary cooperation;
- Work in a top medical and educational workplace, involvement in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuing education;
- Motivating financial remuneration;
- Supplementary pension insurance and other benefits.
Applications together with
- a structured CV,
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- contacts for two people to obtain references (name, position, telephone number),
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas (external applicants only)
- a criminal record (no older than three months)
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll.
Should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine through e-Application (see below). For more information, contact Ivana Janáčková, firstname.lastname@example.org.