- Full Time
The Mechanical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant/Associate in the area of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC). The research assistant/associate should be knowledgeable of GNC algorithms for multiple satellite relative motion in close proximity operations. The candidate should be able to develop, simulate, and validate the GNC algorithms through Model in the loop (MiL), processor in the loop (PiL) and Hardware in the loop (HIL) testing environment. The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in the area of dynamics and control and have a strong research record. Initial appointment will be for 1 year and it can be extended for another year.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a relevant field
- Skilled in programing using Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Proven experience in the design, analysis and simulation of satellite GNC algorithms.
- Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- Good technical writing and speaking skills.
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a relevant field
- Experience with dSPACE hardware in loop products
- Ability to use AGI Satellite Tool Kit (STK) or ASTOS solutions software.
- Relevant publications record
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 30-11-2021
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant