Research Scientist, SCIS
- Middle Management
- Singapore | Closing On 16 Jul 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Design and implement a robust and scalable pipeline to collect, clean, and process source code andother artifacts from a large collection of repositories (e.g., on GitHub)
- Design and implement advanced program analysis and machine learning (specifically deep learning) solutions that can automate software tasks by learning from developers activities in open -source repositories
- Conduct evaluations to validate the effectiveness of the algorithms and tools
- Write and publish research papers and present them to reputable academic conferences
- Package the documents, implementation code, evaluate results of the project for public release
- Liaise with the overseas and industry collaborators of this project to realize the overall goal of the project
- Help mentor engineers hired in the project
- Minimum PhD in Software Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems
- Strong relevant research capability as evidenced by at least 3 first-authored full-length papers (relevantto the job description given above) in major Software Engineering research conferences / journals. At least one of them must be published in a top venue.
- Excellent knowledge about program analysis, data mining and/or machine learning techniques
- Highly fluent in Python and Java
- Competent in designing and implementing algorithms and data structures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members
- Able to work under strict deadlines