Postdoctoral Fellow, Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Temp Researcher Internal Fund
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Operate and maintain the equipment in the laboratory and in cleanroom.
- Arrange for purchasing the required consumables for the lab.
- PhD Degree in Materials & Chemical engineering or Mechanical engineering or a closely related science discipline
Experimental experience with all of the following:
- Microfluidics and their applications in mixing and separation
- Microfabrication techniques
- Materials characterization techniques
- Proactive and work independently in the lab
- Assist and support researchers in the development and implementation of microfluidic platforms
- Present and report research results and publish in top rated peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with safety and health requirements
- Writing research proposals
How To Apply
Applicants should send their updated CV to Dr. Nahla Alamoodi firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.