DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (FINANCIAL AID)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Administration and maintenance of the financial aid system;
- Providing user support and training to all staff, in particular to the Financial Aid Office;
- Testing of all new enhancements, bug fixes and new patches and upgrades before they are put into production;
- Performing and assisting in audits relating to security controls and the validity of data;
- Managing data including validation and data integrity;
- Providing data and reports to users and managers.
- B Com degree with Accounting III;
- Five years’ experience in a Financial and Accounting environment of which three years must be in a supervisory role;
- Three years’ experience in PeopleSoft Finance modules and applications or similar ERP systems;
- Three years’ experience in user support including training of staff on PeopleSoft.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of financial principals;
- Knowledge of student account processes and procedures;
- Knowledge of financial aid principles and policies;
- Knowledge of NSFAS;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel and e-mail packages);
- PeopleSoft system experience;
- Appropriate business writing skills;
- Organising skills;
- Good time management;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Drive for Accuracy;
- Ability to work under pressure and independently;
- Liaise effectively with clients and associates;
- Negotiation skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Problem solving skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- IT/ statistical data analysis qualification;
- Five years working experience (recent) within a student financial aid environment of which three years must be at supervisory level;
- Three years’ experience (post 2017) in NSFAS policies and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of Finance systems and process within the context of a Higher Education institution.
- Five years’ experience in system administration, maintenance and upgrades within a financial or accounting environment;
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 25 June 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
FOR APPLICATION RELATED ENQUIRIES:
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.