Academic Support Officer
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
Salary: $75,011 - $86,158 (UOM 5)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the role
The Academic Support Officer role provides you with the opportunity to provide essential support to students and make a real impact on the overall student experience within the faculty and wider University community.
The Academic Support Officer contributes to the planning and delivery of the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences (FVAS) operational plans, particularly with respect to Academic Programs and teaching support.
The position plays a pivotal role in the support of a wide range of day-to-day activities in delivery of academic programs including special consideration, exams, results and student surveys.
You will have a degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training.
You will also bring the following skills and experience:
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated through an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with a range of people across all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work with autonomy, as well as flexibility and agility while working in a team
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and provide advice in accordance with organisational procedure and policy
- Ability to consistently provide high quality service, anticipate the needs of others, and improve service levels
- An understanding of using Learning Management Systems and experience in a range of IT platforms
- Highly developed organisational skills
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
Applications close: 27 Jun 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time