Project Officer, Research Training
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Salary: $87,007 - $94,181 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 17% super
About the role
The Melbourne Medical School (MMS) is committed to providing students undertaking research training with a community that promotes best practice in its administrative processes and incorporates a valued student experience in the service delivery to each cohort of research students.
As part of a small team of academic and professional staff, the Project Officer (Research Training) will work closely with graduate research coordinators and research student supervisors across the MMS and coordinate the implementation of consistent and streamlined end to end processes for research training support across the School. with the focus being on Honours and Graduate Research programs.
The Project Officer (Research Training) will also be responsible for the development of a program plan to implement recommendations from a recently conducted Faculty-level review of graduate research.
Reporting to the School’s Research Manager and working closely with the Academic Lead, Graduate Programs, the Project Officer will be part of a small team based at the Parkville Campus
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to identify issues and develop creative solutions.
The appointee will have:
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with a range of people across all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving/analytics skills with the ability to deliver creative solutions
- Highly developed skills in time management, setting priorities, planning and organising work in order to meet deadlines
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard application software such as the Microsoft Office suite
Applications close: 23 Jun 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time