Research Assistant, Research on Successful Ageing
- Full Time | Contract
- Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 04 Jul 2021
Contract ending 30 June 2025
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
Assisting with the operational aspects of the research study for monthly waves of survey:-
- Implementation of research by ensuring quality control procedures are adhered to (e.g. preparing IRBmodifications, data access rules are abided by student assistants).
- Supervision of student assistants to ensure accountability of time worked.
- Preparation of logistic and administrative support for student training.
- Answering emails and calls from respondents and addressing their queries in a timely manner-
- Oversee the translation process of the monthly survey question.
Assist in finance functions of the Centre
- Raising of and approval of purchase orders in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the purchase order listing is maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring that the fixed asset listing is maintained in an accurate and timely manner
Assist in administrative functions of the Centre
- Work closely with Research Panel Manager in ensuring student rostering and payroll submissions are madein a timely manner to OHRFA on a monthly basis.
- Work with external vendors and internal departments to organise internal and external events, e.g. academicworkshops, seminars, round table and conferences.
- Mailing of letters to respondents and ensuring they receive it.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Centre
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Ability to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and is organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Meticulous with numbers and book-keeping.
- Records data according to research protocols.
- Experience with managing students.