Research Engineer, SCIS
- Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 03 Jul 2021
7-mth contract or contract till 22 Dec 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The candidate will be responsible for developing a web application to offload some of the work involved in conducting client onboarding and know-your-customer (KYC) reviews. Successful candidate will be part of an active research team led by Asst. Prof. Alan MEGARGEL from School of Computing and Information Systems, Singapore Management University.
Candidate’s core responsibility is to develop a web application which exposes an underlying AI model (to be developed by another team). Some capabilities expected from the web application and the AI model include;
- Recommendation to prospects who match UBS typical client profile with higher-than-average chances of acquisition
- Identification of similarities between prospect and current clients and suggesting product recommendations factoring in prospect’s preferences,
- Disclosed investment decisions and product sales to matching client group
- Factoring in market movements and present in-house CIO views on sector/asset class to provide context.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or closely related disciplines
- Usage of visual analytics web-based tools (Power BI is preferred).
- Usage of python based libraries to expose Restful microservices.