Faculty Positions in Engineering
FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s fifth autonomous university and was founded with the vision to lead in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community. SIT espouses an applied learning approach and offers degrees that focus on industry-relevant science and technology areas. Our faculty work closely with industry on translational research and innovation, as well as providing consultancy to address industry challenges. This well-established nexus with industry endows our graduates with deep skills and work-ready training experience - attuning them to the needs and demands of the future economy.
As a young university, we encourage innovation and seek the right candidates to join us in realizing our vision into an increasingly vibrant reality. We offer competitive remuneration, generous employment benefits, access to funding to undertake research of relevance to industry, and the opportunities to inspire and nurture the next generation of skilled and work-ready undergraduates. We currently have positions available at all levels from Lecturer to Full Professor for the following programmes:
- Civil Engineering / Mining Engineering: Emerging and disruptive construction technologies / High performance construction materials with reduced embodied carbon / Tunnel engineering with expertise in design, construction, operation and impact assessment of tunnels
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Power electronics / Power system analytics / Expertise related to marine / built sector (e.g. electrification of ships or maritime and building energy efficiency) / Digital twinning of electrical / aviation / manufacturing set-ups / Expertise in system design which may include green building design involving passive to active systems or land transport systems
- Mechanical Engineering / Material Engineering / Marine Engineering: Transport infrastructure asset management / Domain Expertise in maintenance, operation and modelling of infrastructural assets and systems
- Systems Engineering: Competent in data analytics for power industry or building services / Experience on integrated digital technology such as AR/VR for system maintenance including electrical power and thermal assets in building or shipyard or aviation / Strong Infocomms background for IoT implementation and integration
Successful candidates will join the Engineering (ENG) Cluster (one of five domain clusters in SIT), as members of a team of accomplished experts who are passionate about higher education and deeply involved with industry transformation through their applied research programmes.
Faculty in the ENG Cluster undertake funded industry-relevant research, teach courses in civil, mining, electrical, mechanical, material, marine and systems engineering as well as supervise graduate industry masters and doctorate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached to work with industry.
We will prioritize collegial and team-spirited candidates with either (a) an earned PhD or equivalent from a reputable university with specialization in any of the above-mentioned areas and some relevant work experience, or (b) extensive industry experience with demonstrated strong technical expertise in the above-mentioned areas.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All applications must be submitted electronically via SIT website. Please contact the ENG Cluster Director, Professor Chiew Sing Ping via HR_Faculty@singaporetech.edu.sg if you have any specific enquiries relating to these opportunities.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore