Senior Policy Researcher - Education and Lifelong Learning
ResPublica is looking for a talented and experienced Policy Researcher to play an instrumental role in the research and development of future policy ideas for ResPublica’s Lifelong Education Commission.
The Commission will seek to recommend how barriers to lifelong learning can be removed, what future investment is needed to support this and what regulatory change is needed to ensure the maximum possible flexibility that will benefit learners. It will focus on the needs of the post-18 system, how this needs to be designed so that both Higher and Further Education institutions are valued, and how individuals can be empowered to make decisions and undertake their learning.
This a senior position and we are looking for someone with at least five years’ experience in a relevant field. You may be a practitioner or an academic or have a research background in public policy. It is essential that you have expert knowledge and experience of the UK's skills system with a strong understanding of further and higher education.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work with high profile partners, with one of the most influential public policy think tanks in the UK. We would be keen to employ someone with a flair for public policy innovation, an eye for detail, and experience in producing high quality research.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Strong knowledge of the UK’s skills system, including Further and/or Higher Education,
- A proven track record in research and/or public policy,
- Strong academic credentials,
- Ability to innovative and think creatively about new policy solutions,
- Interest in innovative ideas and thinking beyond traditional institutional or party-political divides,
- Excellent writing and communication skills,
- Strong track record to design and deliver projects to time and budget.
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Author/co-author and publish key research that will reach a wide policy audience,
- Access a dynamic policy making environment at the heart of the public policy debate,
- Build new and broader networks,
- Contribute to wider projects being taken forward within ResPublica.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing research outputs and content for the commission, and for working collaboratively with other colleagues, contractors, and other partners. Candidates must also demonstrate experience in efficient project management.
We are open to candidates from a diverse range of professional backgrounds, such as policy, business development, communications, academia and public affairs.
This is a full-time permanent position. However, we would also welcome a secondment from a relevant organisation on an 18-month Fixed Term basis, to coincide with the duration of the Commission.
The position can be based in London or elsewhere.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us please send your CV, and a cover letter referencing your relevant skills and experience, to email@example.com
Please include ‘Senior Policy Researcher – Education and Lifelong Learning’ in the subject line of your email.
The deadline for applying for the position is 18th June 2021.
ResPublica values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.