IMAGINE what you could achieve if we put our minds to it
Imagine bringing your lecturing expertise to ICAS. Believe in the difference you can make to students lives. Supports students to Achieve their goals and become the best they can be.
We have a great opportunity for accountancy lecturers, with an ICAS CA qualification or relevant equivalent (Level 11 Masters), to join us, as we continue our programme of transformational change within Learning.
Ideally, we are looking for experienced accountancy & finance lecturers, ideally with practice/industry experience to bring real life examples into the blended classroom environment. Although full time is desirable, we recognise this role may suit part time or those looking to join ICAS on a contractual basis.
ICAS have recently launched a syllabus with revised subject disciplines to compliment the traditional areas of Financial Reporting, Audit and Taxation. These disciplines include Business Acumen, Risk and Technology and Strategic Finance and Modelling. The ICAS CA qualification course syllabus and structure can be found in: https://www.icas.com/students/studying-with-icas/ca-qualification-course-syllabus-and-structure.
Each discipline requires subject expertise and there is flexibility to teach more than one discipline, depending on teaching requirements and experience.
The right person for us is someone with fantastic interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written – who is adept at explaining complex material in a way that can be understood and who can teach the syllabus in a way that really resonates with their students.
Student welfare important to us at ICAS, and we are looking for lecturers who demonstrate an understanding of differing student needs and how they can relate to those differing needs and support where appropriate. This is all part of the passion for teaching.
Our desire is to find lecturers whose values, behaviours and approach resonate with those of ICAS and will drive and foster our culture of equality, diversity, and inclusivity.
The principal accountabilities of the role are detailed below:
- Deliver approximately 50-70 days (this could vary) of tuition, depending on departmental requirements, to CA students in specific areas of the CA qualification syllabus – online for now, and post COVID-19 potentially in several locations and blended.
- Contributing to the preparation and review of technical content of courses taught and becoming a subject expert in these areas (for both students and peers), working under the guidance of the Subject Controller.
- Contributing to the preparation and review and delivery of online tuition to CA students, considering the nature of the material and the most appropriate ways to deliver this. This will involve working closely with the e-learning technologists.
- Marking and feeding back to students and firms on course assessments, providing accurate marking and constructive feedback where required.
- Liaising with students and nominated firms, as required, to provide information and guidance on the routes to becoming a CA, including counselling of students on technical material and their approach to studying.
- Acting as a member of the achievement log team, reviewing approximately 60 student achievement logs per annum, and dealing with student queries in this area. This will involve working with the achievement log specialist team.
- Working with other members of the Learning division to develop and take part in Learning and cross-ICAS projects, involving research, implementation planning, project-writing, and presentation to colleagues.
As Covid-19 restrictions continue and we progress through our transformation journey, we continue to evolve our online presence and creative ways to teach, to keep students engaged and driven to achieve.
Therefore, you will need to be comfortable with different mediums for teaching, marking, and providing feedback rather than solely through traditional face to face classroom learning. Being open and encouraging of the changes ahead is key to success.
This is a great time to join ICAS, if you have a passion for accountancy that you wish to share with others and if you want to be involved in educating the CAs of the future. This is a perfect step which provides opportunity to develop your career in Learning further in roles such as Subject Controller or Internal Examiner.
ICAS places equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of all that we do. With our partner organisations, we are committed to building a diverse membership and workforce that is beneficial for all, and that enables our communities to learn, grow and advance together.
Please note you must have valid Right to Work in the UK as ICAS are unable to offer sponsorship to work.
We look forward to hearing from you.
IMAGINE. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE