Senior Research Scientist, Lead Scientist in LRFIPUR
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting one full-time staff to be jointly appointed in the Lloyd’s Register Foundation Institute for the Public Understanding of Risk (IPUR) and the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). The position is on a research or practice track appointment. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members may be eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research. Candidates relocating to Singapore may be eligible for subsidised university accommodation. The candidate will be appointed as Lead Scientist at IPUR for its Health and Lifestyle research pillar.
Researchers active in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Health risk communication;
- Health promotion;
- Social or behavioral science research on:
- Factors affecting individual health-care decisions;
- Factors affecting prevention, control and mitigation of chronic and acute communicable and non-communicable diseases in populations; and
- Development of innovative community and national strategies and interventions to impact on socio-behavioral and health outcomes
Recognized Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline (communications, behavioural studies, sociology, psychology, social science) with strong post-doctoral research records;
- Track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals;
- Experienced in leading independent research studies or a component within larger research programs;
- Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
- Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.