National School of Education, Academic Opportunity
- Multiple academic positions available in the National School of Education based in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Join the largest teacher education program in Australia
- Work in a discipline area you are passionate about
- Full time academic positions - Level A, B, C, D and E
About the University
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across nine campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Blacktown, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
About the National School of Education
The National School of Education is the largest provider of initial teacher education in Australia with a strong reputation for its high quality, work-ready graduates and highly flexible national, online and multimodal program offerings. The School prides itself on working with a National focus, whilst encompassing a State flavour. Adding to its traditional strengths in early childhood, primary and secondary initial teacher education, the National School of Education’s disciplines reflect key strengths in the areas of:
- early childhood
- literacy education
- the arts
- science and technology
- teacher professional practice
- Indigenous education.
Skills and experience
As a result of continuous growth, the Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane Campuses have opportunities for academic staff across a number of discipline areas and levels; namely:
- English (primary)
- Maths (primary)
- Maths (secondary)
- Science/Maths (primary or secondary)
- Creative Arts Education
- Early Childhood/Primary
- Primary/Secondary (Digital Technologies)
- Secondary Education
- Indigenous Studies
We are seeking candidates who:
- have a passion to inspire the next generation of teachers
- are capable of leading teaching education programs
- are committed to developing or and maintaining a research program that include high quality research outputs in their chosen field
- collaborate with colleagues and industry partners to deliver outstanding education programs
- support leadership in achieving the strategic intent of the University and implementing the strategic initiatives at a Faculty and School level
- are current teachers in the primary or secondary sector with a PhD
- will welcome a University that seeks to develop and invest in their career.
These roles will provide opportunities for the successful candidates to apply their extensive skills and experience to support the continuous growth of the National School of Education in a collaborative and inclusive environment. Work with us to create a place of learning that is not only the envy of the world, but the making of it.
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- ACU’s core values support inclusiveness, respect and the dignity of all persons in line with the University’s Mission. The University has received the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation since 2012 and offers staff entitlements and initiatives that support women and men to reach their potential.
How to Apply:
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge with a leading University that can offer ongoing career development and opportunities, we welcome your application.
ACU has partnered with Worner Consulting for the recruitment of these positions. To apply, simply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will then be invited to the next stage of the process.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
To obtain and review a position description, or for a confidential discussion, please call Andrew at Worner Consulting on 0449 967 637 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 2 June 2021; 11.55pm AEST
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts Brisbane Melbourne jobs in Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs Brisbane Melbourne jobs in Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Senior Research Fellows Brisbane Melbourne jobs in Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Brisbane Melbourne jobs in Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors Brisbane Melbourne jobs in Sydney