The successful candidates will contribute to the development of a dashboard application for drone-based building façade defects assessment and report generation. The dashboard application will provide an effective and user-friendly interface for planning, monitoring and assessment of façade images for identifying, categorizing and generating summary reports of building façade defects.
- Experience with Geospatial software toolkit, i.e. ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, Geoserver / PostGIS.
- Experience with Python, Java, Rudy, Android / IOS / web service development, REST API.
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience with drone flight planning algorithm development and implementation.
- Experience with database programming will be advantageous.
- Experience with system programming, administration tools will be advantageous.
- Experience with BIM software (e.g. Revit) will be advantageous.
- Experience with Photogrammetry will be advantageous.
- Possess a PhD, Master or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Industrial, Systems, Computer Engineering and Science or Technology Management. Bachelor’s Degree holders with substantial years of experience equivalent to post-graduate training in related discipline or within relevant field of industrial practice are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Preferably with at least 2 years of involvement in research and project work within institution of higher learning, especially in the area of technology development. Those with commercialization experiences and innovation capabilities in carrying out research translation activities will be advantageous.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently.
- Strong written English and oral communication skills.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Mechanical Engineering