Research Fellow, Department of Pharmacology
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead academic research on cognition and its determinants in Memory Aging & Cognition Centre observational and clinical trial cohorts
- Provide supervision to research assistants / research associates
- Validate cognitive rating instruments in the Singaporean population.
- Provide cognitive rating services for clinical trials and collaborative projects.
- Work with investigators to develop culturally sensitive cognitive interventions, and thereafter provide interventions as a service for clinical trials.
- Provide neuropsychological and neurobehavioural assessments for mood, anxiety, stress, resilience, personality traits, behavior / habits, and emotional and social intelligence.
- Provide expertise to work with users on design of consent forms, case report forms and protocols.
- Provide training for Neurocognition core users (seminars, workshops and tutorials) and to train junior staff to provide rating services for clinical trials.
(A) EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Research Fellow--PhD in cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, epidemiology or other relevant subjects; or MD with relevant experience in Geriatrics, Neurology or Psychiatry.
- Previous working experience in clinical/research settings administering neuropsychological assessments and clinical interviews;
- An excellent track record of scientific publications and achievements, preferably in biomarkers of cognitive impairment and dementia (neuropsychology, imaging, fluid)
Good written and communication skills, bilingual (eg. English or Mandarin/English or Malay/Tamil or English) is essential, multilingual is preferred. In order to communicate with Chinese or Malay patients and they must be able to sign consent form in their preferred language of understanding.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees.
A/Prof Christopher Chen
Director of MACC
Email address: email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No