Instructor, Student Success Unit, University College
The Pre-Major Academic Advising Team, a support unit within the Student Success Unit (SSU) of University College, is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced academic advising specialist to join the team on a full-time basis. Within the team, each advisor has a set number of advisees to support each semester while also contributing to general advising duties for the university community at large.
Master’s degree with additional relevant qualifications in educational advising, student counseling or a related field. Proficiency in online advising systems. Leadership skills and ability to lead an advising unit.
A degree or certification in psychology. A working knowledge of the following advising tools would also be beneficial:
- Ellucian Degree Works
- Ellucian CRM Advise
Additional areas of interest pertinent to the advisor role would be:
- Experience of Student Peer Mentoring Programs.
- Experience of delivering professional development training and support for peers and colleagues across the advising community.
- Experience with online advising at both the individual and group levels.
- Experience with international student advising.
Other important factors for selection will include:
- Experience of advising, teaching or supporting Arabic students in an American model college or university (Essential)
- Be a flexible team player with the ability to work with students and colleagues from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds (Essential)
- Have an energetic and committed approach to student success (Essential)
- Possess strong language skills (English: Essential, Arabic: Desirable)
- Be task-oriented and able to complete tasks to stated deadlines (Essential)
- Be open to new challenges in a rapidly changing higher education environment (Desirable)
- Strong user of MS Office components and online meeting applications (Desirable)
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division University College
Department Student Success Unit - UC
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty