The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant/Associate for “Fibrotic Pathways in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome” in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis, renewable yearly based on grant availability.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant/Associate (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the trial on time. The RA’s role includes laboratory work such a tissue analysis as well as research administrative work such as study requirements and database management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant/Associate will liaise with the relevant personnel in hospital to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site and collaborate with team members, analyze data and maintain project database
- Involve in research protocol development
- Regular trial updates to investigators, work closely to provide contribution to the development of scientific papers and dissemination of study findings
- Involve in study administration such as data management, liase with stakeholders, set up research meetings
- Handle case report, data entry and validation of study data
- Assist PI in collection, storage and analysis of tissue samples
- Conduct literature review, qualitative/quantitative analysis when required
- Assist in planning of study logistics, workflow, documentation and execution of new studies
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a reputable university, preferably in life sciences and with some experience in research;
- Have good understanding of research related guidelines;
- Have minimal experience in clinical research works;
- Have good oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to work independently and meticulously.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Orthopaedic Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No