Student Awards Officer
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Salary: $75,011 - $86,158 (UOM 5)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the role:
The Melbourne Medical School’s Academic Programs Unit is recruiting a Student Awards Officer to administer the School’s scholarships, bursaries and prizes. You will be required to align and integrate University and Faculty Advancement, University and Faculty Trusts, and University Scholarships information and data into effective overall School awards administration. This work includes but is not limited to: updates to existing award criteria, review of proposed criteria for new awards, test co-ordination and calculation of selection requirements to determine award recipients and communication of awards and payment processing. You will also work with our Postgraduate Programs Coordinator to provide administrative support for the School’s postgraduate programs as required.
You will have a degree with subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training.
You will also bring the following skills and experience:
- Planning and organisational skills with a capability for multi-tasking and prioritisation, problem solving and effective time management.
- Service-orientated focus with an ability to communicate with a wide range of people and actively build relationships with internal staff and key stakeholders.
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the continuous improvement of departmental processes.
- Demonstrated experience with committee service.
- Very high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email.
Applications close: 20 May 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time