Senior Lecturer in Finance, Education Focused
- Opportunity to support curriculum transformation in Finance at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full time, continuing position, Academic Level C Education Focused, offering a remuneration package: $135K - $156K p.a. plus leave loading and 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Discipline of Finance in the University of Sydney Busines School is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer (Education Focused) in Finance. This role will contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of outstanding educational experiences at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Finance is one of the most in-demand specialisms in the Business School and you will be joining a discipline team of over 40 academic and professional staff.
The education-focused role is a specialized category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. A Senior Lecturer (Education-focused) is expected to make leading contributions to developing teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within their School, and will engage in educational leadership at School and university level. The successful candidate will dedicate the majority (up to 70% - or by mutual agreement 80%) of their academic workload allocation to education and educational development.
This new role is required to support curriculum transformation in Finance at undergraduate and postgraduate level. You will contribute to the educational and administrative duties of the Discipline and School and support the further development of a positive workplace culture, aligned to the strategic direction of the Business School and University. You will be expected to develop a strong profile with external stakeholders, particularly in relation to pedagogical activities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting scholars aligned to these values.
This role is the right fit for you if you have:
- completed a PhD in Finance or Finance Education, or a closely related field.
- recognized expertise in higher education pedagogy (e.g. FHEA, M.Ed).
- A demonstrated record of achievement in research and scholarly activities relating to finance or finance education;
- a proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly activities to inform innovative pedagogical practice;
- deep and broad experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, as evidenced by participation in team teaching within established programs, experience in teaching in a variety of settings;
- demonstrated success in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives at unit and program level;
- a developed network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders;
- demonstrated experience in team leadership, including mentoring individuals and coordinating team activities; and
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate an audience using a range of media.
To be considered for this position, please address the above criteria in your cover letter and upload online. Ensure that you include below as well in the cover letter:
- examples of your successful leadership of the design, development, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning activities
- examples of effective teamworking in which you have been involved, including your leadership contribution to the team
- detail your experience of teaching to large and diverse groups of students at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, with particular focus on your use of learning technologies.
For further information about the position please contact Professor Sandra van der Laan on 02 9351 6431 or or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application please contact Recruitment Consultant Rae Hao on 8627 0063 or
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE and search by the job requisition number 0080767 to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30 pm, 24 May 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.