Reviewer Engagement Specialist
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Reviewer Engagement Specialist is responsible, under the supervisor of the Manager, for all elements of the external and internal peer review process as well as supporting the University Sponsored Research (USR) Director with university level and research specific committees/boards.
- Act as a primary focal point for external & internal peer reviewers as well as internal panels
- Maintain and expand the external reviewer database in line with University’s research priorities
- Complete review packs per proposal and maintain reviewer evaluations in a confidential manner
- Review internal submissions, in conjunction with the Manager, and liaise with submitting faculty to resolve any technical issue with their proposal submissions
- Support the Manager to ensure adherence to program submission guidelines
- Maintain accurate proposal submission records in the KU Research Management System and support the Manager in the future development of a separate external reviewer module
- Support with the submission and approval process, in conjunction with the Internal Programs Manager
- Manage and follow up the external reviewer payments process
- Keep up to date with policy changes to ensure internal research calls adhere to all current policies
- Manage the logistics of R&D, Institute, and co-funded Center boards/committees in coordination with the USR Director
- Assist in preparing for Research Committee meetings and other work/special projects as required
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Finance or Science/Engineering subjects.
- Required Experience
- Expats: A minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals:
A minimum of 4 year of relevant experience
- Must have experience in a university research environment managing formal communications (verbal & written) with external subject matter experts related to research as well senior management.
- Knowledge of academic peer review process specifically related to research proposals
- Competent user of Scopus & SciVal to facilitate external reviewer selections Experience using university Research Management Systems to manage research data
- Experience in handling confidential & sensitive data
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).