Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Control Science and Engineering
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
College of Control Science and Engineering
Founded in 1956, the College of Control Science and Engineering has become the most prestigious research and education bases in the area of industrial process control in China.
It has the following research institutes and centers:
- Institute of Industrial Process Control
- Institute of Cyber-Systems and Control
- Institute of Smart Sensing and Measurement
- the State Key Laboratory of Industrial Control Technology,
- the National Engineering Research Center for Industrial Automation,
- The National Engineering Lab of Industrial Control System Security Technology,
- The National International-Joint Research Centre of Quality-targeted Process Optimization and Control
By 2020, there are 131 faculty members, with 48 full professors and research professor level research fellows in the broad area of Automation, and more than 400 registered undergraduates, 672 students pursuing Master Degree and Ph.D Degree. (see school website here)
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
- The one who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching and fulfill the teaching requirements of the relevant school or department.
- The one who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, implement new developments in the academic discipline, make influential achievements in relevant fields, enhance his/her own international academic influence, and be an internationally active academic member.
- The one who holds this position should facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, build an international reputation, and strive to become a leading personality in the academic discipline.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should hold a doctoral degree from a world-renowned university and should have reached the level of assistant or associate professor (or an equivalent title) at an internationally prominent university.
- The applicant should be a proactive learner, who is professional with teamwork skills. At the same time, he or she should have the ability to conduct research independently.
- The applicant should be a top-notch talent among his or her peers and have the potential to become a leader in the field.
- The applicant should work full-time at ZJU.
- ZJU will provide competitive compensation, including a housing allowance.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Young Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students.
- Those qualifying for the talent program may rent a faculty apartment during employment, and after receiving tenure, they have the opportunity to apply for the purchase of an apartment designated for those with “talent” status.
- After the application is approved, a research fund will be provided by ZJU, the particular amount of which is to determined according to discipline.
- ZJU will provide a one-time relocation fee and actively recommend and assist qualified faculty in applying for national, provincial and ministerial-level youth talent programs or projects.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit your applications electronically to the contact person.
Applicants should include the following materials in PDF format:
- a comprehensive CV
- a statement of research goals and a teaching plan
- the full texts of 3 to 5 representative papers or major publications
- a list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
Contact: Mr. Wang
Tel: +86- 0571-8795 1135