The Infectious Diseases Research Laboratory at the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is looking for highly motivated and well-qualified candidates for the Research Assistant/ Associate to support daily laboratory operations and various research projects. The lab is translational spanning cellular, murine and human TB research. This position provides an excellent opportunity for persons looking to further experience in translational research.
The candidate will be involved in
- Supporting day-to-day running of experiments in the Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) and is expected to work independently, in coordination with other team members in the laboratory.
- Maintain the lab in good running order including purchasing, handling lab safety and regulation issues and grant management.
- Performing administrative duties of the lab, which includes procurement, inventory checking, safety/risk assessment and equipment maintenance.
- Work with M. tuberculosis is expected in a BSL3 setting eventually after a period of competency training.
- Efficiently performs a variety of molecular biology techniques including cell culture, PCR, ELISA etc.
- An excellent degree in life science (First Class/Second Upper) or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in BSL2
- Ability to help mentor, supervise and train junior staff members and students
- A proven track record of outstanding written, project management and communication skills
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No