Lecturer, Journalism, Level B
- Based in UniSA Creative unit at Magill Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Commencement salary $100,184 (plus up to 17% superannuation)
At UniSA Creative, we focus on developing creative and adaptive professionals equipped with the skills and knowledge to influence our cultural landscape and to meet future industry demands. Our research explores the complexities of the world around us, with unique cross-disciplinary collaborations that produce inspired, human-centred solutions.
About the Role
The Lecturer: Journalism is responsible for the development, delivery, and coordination of courses within undergraduate and postgraduate programs, and the supervision of higher degree by research candidates. The position will contribute independently and as part of a team to support the Academic Unit’s teaching and research outcomes and to carry out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly, research and/or professional activities.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver courses in a range of areas including the design and delivery of courses for on-campus and online modalities
- Work collaboratively and reciprocally with staff across the University and relevant partner organisations to ensure that courses contain quality content which represents contemporary practice and theory
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity, independently and/or as a member of a team, which results in quality publications and/or non-traditional research outcomes
- Contribute to research activity by securing external research funding and building a research portfolio that will support success in national competitive grants
- Supervise higher degree research candidates
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD qualification together with associated experience in research and teaching relevant to the discipline area of Journalism
- Demonstrated high quality teaching outcomes with evidence of a strong commitment to continuous improvement of teaching practice and learning outcomes, in on-campus and online settings
- Demonstrated commitment to establishing a program of research that demonstrates a growing publication record, and experience in the preparation of research grant applications and success in attracting research income commensurate with opportunity in the discipline domain
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with industry for the benefit of teaching and/or research
- Experience in the supervision of higher degree research candidates
Bringing your talent to UniSA will be rewarded with a wide variety of benefits which may include:
- Access to development opportunities including researcher development, participation with research centres and strong industry connections
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance programs and a range of wellbeing initiatives
- Salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance and a variety of on-site services which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2957.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Friday 14 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.