Western Australian Marine Science Institution
- Full-time position, 3 year fixed-term appointment
- Salary range: up to $151,317 per annum plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
estern Australian Marine Science Institution (WAMSI)
WAMSI is a collaborative, Unincorporated Joint Venture between eleven partners, representing Commonwealth and Western Australian State Government research organisations, together with the Western Australian universities and the private sector. The Institution is governed by an Independent Board and manages a research portfolio relevant to the management of the State’s marine resources and environment.
WAMSI has entered into a partnership with the Western Australian Government to provide marine science and research support for Cockburn Sound. The program is directly related to Westport – the proposed new container port and transport links to be developed in Kwinana. WAMSI is responsible for the development and implementation of the Cockburn Sound Science Program, which will be comprised of several projects to be implemented by WAMSI’s partners and, where appropriate, other research providers.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, under limited direction, you will manage the Cockburn Sound Science Program, contributing to the planning, implementation and operational management of the Cockburn Sound Science Program. You will support in developing the collaborative research projects, through direct communication and negotiation with WAMSI partners. When the collaborative research projects have been established, you will manage and coordinate the ongoing project implementation, schedule, deliverables and relationships between WAMSI partners.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial and extensive program management experience in a scientific capacity
- Experience in facilitating multi organisation science projects
- Experience working with or within research organisations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with high level consultation and stakeholder influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, in managing and executing multiple outputs and deliverables, with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines to ensure completion
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Demonstrated ability to manage, demonstrate initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and confidence of multiple stakeholders, collaborate, seek input, drive for agreement and obtain closure
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying:
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Sunday 02 May 2021
Please note interviews for this position are scheduled to take place week commencing 09 May 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.