Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Taxation
- : $101,079 - $142,128 plus 17% Superannuation (ALB/ALC)
- Continuing, full time
Job reference: 708726
Faculty of Business & Law
The Faculty of Business and Law comprises the Curtin Law School and the Curtin Business School; which ranks in the top ten business schools across Australia. It stands at the forefront of contemporary debate and analysis and strategic forecasting. Curtin Business School is recognised as an elite global business school through accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and European Foundation for Management Development Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and offers a wide range of internationally recognised courses.
Curtin Law School
Curtin Law School aims to provide a transformative legal education, professionally focussed, aimed at producing law graduates capable of judgement based on ethical and professional standards, deep discipline knowledge, international perspectives, and a strong understanding of the Rule of Law.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to join Curtin Law School’s dynamic Tax Team. We are seeking to attract experienced PhD-qualified academics with extensive teaching and research experience or professionals with postgraduate qualifications in Taxation (ideally a Master of Taxation degree or equivalent) who can also bring relevant practical experience to our tax programs including our clinic-based activities. The position will be offered at either ALB/ALC – Teaching & Research or at ALB Teaching Academic – Clinical Professional, depending on qualifications and experience.
Teaching duties include:
- Conduct learning activities online, distributed or face-to-face as appropriate, which stimulate and foster effective student learning experiences.
- Innovative curriculum design and development of learning materials in collaboration with other colleagues as appropriate.
- Determine the learning needs of students and provide appropriate teaching and learning support to demonstrate the intended learning outcomes.
- Being involved with postgraduate students engaged in coursework and higher degree by research (HDR) students, as appropriate. Contribute to and undertake professional development including peer review in higher education teaching and maintain currency in discipline theory and practice.
- Contribute to curriculum innovation and design to develop students learning
Research duties include:
- Undertake nationally competitive and high quality research in discipline/field.
- Develop a coherent programme of research (to be agreed through the Performance and Career Planning Process).
- Participate in and act as co or chief investigator in applications for competitive funding.
- Disseminate research findings through seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Publish/exhibit in high quality refereed journals/outlets in manner consistent with disciplinary practice.
- Provide effective supervision of higher degree by research students as appropriate.
Essential Criteria (Teaching Academic - Clinical Professional) – Level B
- Academic qualifications: Minimum postgraduate qualifications in taxation (ideally a Master of Taxation)
- Relevant practical experience in taxation practice and/or taxation administration
- Active involvement with relevant professional bodies and/or associations
- An individual with initiative and drive and who can work as part of a dynamic team
- Teaching experience
- Evidence of scholarship of learning and teaching or the capacity to contribute to scholarship of learning and teaching
We are interested to receive applications from all suitable professional applicants who are interested to expand their career within tertiary education.
Essential Criteria (Teaching & Research) – Level B/C
- Please review selection criteria listed within the Academic Role Statement via the cloud store link found under ‘next steps’
Why choose Curtin?
- Opportunity for career development
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- State of the art offices and agile working environment
- Vibrant campus with an array of food trucks, coffee shops and restaurants
- Flexible work day with a highly ranked child care facility on-site
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions
Please apply on-line with a cover letter, resume and separate document addressing the selection criteria to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. The selection criteria can be found within the position description under the section “criteria” for the Teaching & Research roles. If you are applying for the Teaching Academic (Clinical Professional) position, please address selection criteria outlined above.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of Curtin University's standard academic role statement relevant to the level of the role you are applying for, please copy and paste the following link into your browser.
Applications close: Thursday 13th May 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com or call Natalie Munro on 08 9266 2280.
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.