Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Design Communication
LASALLE College of the Arts is Asia’s leading contemporary arts and design institution with over 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in arts and design. LASALLE provides a nurturing, interdisciplinary learning environment to inspire the next generation of forward-looking, globally engaged artists, designers and leaders of creative industries. Its faculty comprises a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, whose practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. LASALLE is ranked within the top 151-200 institutions globally for art and design (QS World University Rankings 2021). It is set to become part of Singapore’s new university of the arts, which is currently under development.
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER - DESIGN COMMUNICATION
The School of Design Communication, resides within the Faculty of Design seeks to appoint a Lecturer for the Design Communication programmes. Reporting to the Head of School of Design Communication and Programme Leader, you will teach the Diploma and Degree programmes with a broad focus in the various disciplines within Design Communication.
As Lecturer, your key responsibilities include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised knowledge/skills and cognitive based contents to ensure students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within/across programmes and Faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, feedback on assignments, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme and work as a team and be involved in specific programme activities/projects/exhibitions and other cross faculty initiatives.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 3 years of full-time of relevant professional practice.
- For Senior Lecturer, at least 9 years and above or the equivalent of postgraduate teaching experience in practice-based arts at tertiary level and 6 years of proven track record of professional experience in creative industries or and/or tertiary arts education with a PhD qualification.
- Substantive professional practice in the areas of Communication Design, Design for Interaction, Brand Communication, Digital Media, Service Design, Experience Design and/or related fields of Design.
- Substantive knowledge of design history and theory, cultural and contextual studies and adequate involvement in relevant design practice and/or have established research projects and publications.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in teaching and student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applying in the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 10 May 2021 OR until position is filled.
More information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
For information about the School of Design Communication, please visit:
LASALLE video on the Campus:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.