Research Associate, Level ARAS
- Full Time
- Based in Future Industries Institute at Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, 24-month fixed term contract
- Salary: $88,851 per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Role
Reporting to Research Professor David Beattie and working closely with Associate Research Professor Marta Krasowska, this role will contribute to the research effort of Future Industries Institute (FII) and develop expertise through strategic basic and applied research projects. The Research Associate will undertake research into the use of novel strategies for sensing in mineral processing, and the use of sensing data to provide process control outcomes.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Conduct high-quality research projects in collaboration with industry and other stakeholders
- Under the direction of the Research Professor Beattie, provide advice to postgraduate, internship and visiting students
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of refereed journal publications, conference and seminar papers
- Attend and actively participate in meetings associated with relevant research project
- Perform to a schedule of project milestones while undertaking associated administrative duties
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD degree in physical/colloid/surface chemistry, in conjunction with relevant research experience
- Demonstrated skills and experience in particle sizing measurements in colloidal systems, studies of adsorption and using computation and modelling packages
- A record of peer reviewed publications and conference presentations
- Proven ability to work cooperatively in a research team
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Ms Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2928.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Sunday 9 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.