Animal Technician Assistant
College of Science Technical - JBL Schools
Salary: From £20,130 per annum
This is a permanent full time post for 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 25 April 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 12 May 2021
The Schools of Life Sciences, Chemistry and Pharmacy operate across the Joseph Bank Laboratories and Minster House which house research and training facilities for the Schools, in addition to extensively enhanced teaching laboratories in the purpose built Janet Lane-Claypon Building. In particular, the teaching facilities are supported by highly skilled technical scientists that support the delivery of teaching and training in these areas and contribute to their continued development.
We are currently seeking an individual with specialist skills in animal behaviour, welfare and husbandry to integrate into a multi-functional team that maintains facilities and provides high quality support for our taught courses, and animal behaviour and welfare focused research. You will be adaptable with a 'can do' approach. You will demonstrate a dedication to working within multidisciplinary teams and an enthusiasm for success, working flexibly across the schools as appropriate. Where applicable, training in specific techniques and processes will form part of your personal development plan.
As an applicant for this post, you will:
- have a scientific background
- have experience of working with animals, in relation to:
- an understanding of animals welfare and assessment
- providing routine medical care
- appropriate handling
- have experience of a laboratory environment
- contribute to the University’s activities in biological and behavioural sciences in teaching and research environments
- have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- have the potential to further develop your skills across the broad spectrum of attributes required for a technical role
The University of Lincoln is a visionary, ambitious institution and you will be working in the heart of a thriving, historic, safe and friendly city. The Schools provide a stimulating environment for academic teaching and research, and are based in high quality facilities.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Dr. Ciara Casey, Technical Manager by email at email@example.com.