Job Description Laboratory:
- Design and perform experiments towards completion of the specific research aims of the ongoing projects and the overall goal of the laboratory. Carry out rigorous analysis of the data derived from the experiments, make intelligent observation and meaningful interpretation of the analysis.
- Perform bacterial expression of recombinant proteins and its upscale in bioreactors, purifying recombinant proteins
- Cell culture and maintenance of cell lines
- Maintain lab in good running order including handling lab safety and regulation issues, equipment maintenance.
- Must work well with the team and be able to learn new techniques quickly.
- The candidate will work successfully to produce publishable outputs and assist in writing manuscripts and grants
- Ensure timely submissions of required documents to relevant agencies and authorities
- Assist with grants, safety, IACUC protocol submissions, reports and amendments
- Attend study meetings as required
- Liaise with relevant internal and external agencies during the course of work
- Hold a Master’s degree in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with at least 3 years’ laboratory experience
- Expertise with various protein purification techniques, SDS-PAGE and western blotting
- Ability to perform molecular biological techniques, including cloning and PCR
- Previous experience with protein construct design, expression and purification is required
- Independent, with strong emphasis on team work
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, is meticulous, organized, proactive and have an investigative nature
- Proficiency in MS office applications, (MS office, PowerPoint)
- Good written and communication skills
More Information Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No