- 2x Fixed-Term Positions, 1.0 FTE & 0.8 FTE until December 2021
- Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the role
RMITs College of Vocational Education is currently looking for 2 Learning Designers to work on 2 separate projects within the College. One project/role is a Fixed-Term contract until December at a 1.0 FTE, while the other is also a Fixed-Term contract until December but at a 0.8 FTE. These are both Victorian Government funded projects that RMIT has been selected to lead the design, development, and delivery of.
As a Learning Designer you will work collaboratively and proactively as a team member with Learning & Teaching (L&T) Innovation colleagues and teaching teams to prepare innovative and fit-for-purpose learning activities and learning resources based on the project requirements.
You will have, but not limited to:
- Experience in learning and assessment design, digital pedagogies, and educational innovation.
- Proven skills and experience in instructional design and the development of vocational education student-centred learning experiences and resources.
- Knowledge of digital learning principles and practices, as well as current and future trends in digital learning technologies, including Canvas (or any other LMS) and Microsoft products.
- Experience with the production of digital learning resources that include but are not limited to the use of video and multimedia production techniques.
- Project management skills in coordinating multiple stakeholders, meeting timeframes, and delivering outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to secure the cooperation and engagement of a wide range of people within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated professional experience in an area of education specialisation such as learning and teaching development, academic integrity, English Language support, employability, rewards and recognition, technology-enhanced-learning, assessment, curriculum design and development and evaluation methods.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence stakeholders to enable evidence-based outcomes in learning design
- Relevant qualifications and proven experience in either a learning design role or experience as a teacher/trainer and assessor, and appropriate relevant industry experience. As the projects are vocational education based, it may be advantageous if you also hold the CIV in TAE.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching, and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development, and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply link below.
Applications close on the 25th of April at 11:55pm.Receive opportunities at RMIT directly to your inbox by subscribing here.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.