Research Assistant, Biomedical Engineering
The project seeks to develop an innovative medical device that can be used to improve current treatment in Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction. The successful candidate will be involved in the following:
- Conduct literature review of current ACL repair gold standards and medical device development.
- Prepare documents for submission to grant agencies.
- Assist in the design and execution of experiments to validate medical device.
- Perform basic data analysis and prepare reports to provide regular updates to principal investigator.
- Undertake independent research with strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintenance of project data archives and management of lab inventory and equipment.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with good research experience in musculoskeletal tissue engineering. The candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or in related fields.
- Perform cell culture and aseptic techniques, histology, immunohistochemistry and scanning electron microscopy.
- Familiarity with tissue engineering topics.
- Medical device prototyping skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with Tissue Engineering projects is highly advantageous.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No