Quality Assurance and Curriculum Specialist
Department: Centre of Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: 20 April 2021
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, the Quality Assurance and Curriculum Specialist supports the Director of the CTLT and the Dean of Arts and Science in setting the strategic direction for quality assurance, curriculum development and program review in the School of Arts and Science. This hands-on, supportive role is crucial to the successful implementation of outcomes-based learning and teaching, the use of innovative and creative practices in teaching and learning approaches, and educational assessment and evaluation, both on-campus and online. The Quality Assurance and Curriculum Specialist will apply quality standards and best practices in curriculum development to support the Associate Deans, Chairs and faculty members in making informed, strategic decisions about curricular renewal, and course and program development.
Using a scholarly and evidence-based approach the Specialist will develop and implement practices and processes to improve the learning experience of students and the teaching experience of instructors. Grounded in research on educational trends and best practices the Quality Assurance and Curriculum Specialist will coordinate and assist in the implementation of a robust faculty development program for new and seasoned instructors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Championing a culture of quality, creativity and excellence in curricular design, delivery, and review
- Ensuring compliance of standards, regulations, and deliverables around quality assurance of program/curriculum development and review
- Supporting the School of Arts and Science in faculty development and quality assurance initiatives that enables opportunities for exceptional learner focused experiences
- Facilitating educational workshops and seminars on curriculum design and development and quality assurance processes and practices
- Managing, assessing, and enhancing operational activities, processes, and resources/tools for the Quality Assurance initiatives
- Providing oversight and guidance in the design and completion of projects and activities covering a range of quality assurance priorities within the School of Arts and Science and CTLT
- Developing, compiling, analyzing, and reporting on key performance metrics for the CTLT
- Guiding Chairs and faculty in the School of Arts and Science on program and curriculum review and new course development and design
- Establishing and enhancing strategic external and internal partnerships to support and enhance quality assurance and accreditation priorities
- Contributing to the development of the overall CTL operational plan
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in relevant field (i.e. Education or other related field of study) with a focus in Adult Education or post-secondary teaching and learning along with 5 years of experience in quality assurance/curriculum development (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience).
- Teaching experience at the higher education level is required.
- Knowledgeable in current trends and best practices in quality assurance and curriculum development
- Experience in Outcomes based curriculum and program development.
- Experience with program review and accreditation processes that align with internal and external requirements.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience in the research, collection and analysis of data (qualitative and quantitative)
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Extensive oral and written English communication and editorial skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Russian language
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik or Kazakh languages will be an advantage
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references (if available) to email@example.com by 20 April 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Quality Assurance and Curriculum Specialist”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.