University Tutor– Simulation and Clinical Skills
University Tutor– Simulation and Clinical Skills, Full Time, Fixed Term (12 months)
We are currently looking for a University Tutor to join our School of Health and Social Care on a Full time, 1 year fixed term or opportunity for 1 year secondment from NHS/Private employer
An exciting, new opportunity has arisen within the School of Health and Social Care for a University Tutor to join the Simulation and Clinical Skills Team to contribute to the learning, teaching and assessment (LTA) of simulation and clinical skills in the nursing and midwifery programmes.
Our large facility is versatile and covers everything from a critical care unit and clinical ward to a home environment and is also utilised to facilitate learning and simulation to a number of external organisations and private companies. Click here for a virtual tour
The School is seeking a talented individual to join the team to provide support for simulated practice and the delivery of clinical skills to our undergraduate curricula, together with related tutorial activity and student assessment as well as associated administrative activities. The clinical skills and simulated practice LTA centres round the undergraduate programmes to ensure the nursing and midwifery students are well prepared for clinical practice.
We are seeking an individual who has the knowledge, skills, experience and ability to teach a variety of clinical skills commensurate with pre-registration nursing and midwifery education. Applicants should be a current an NMC registrant, have a degree in nursing or midwifery and have current clinical practice experience. The university tutor will be based within the Simulation Centre at our Sighthill Campus.
Who we are looking for
- Degree in a relevant discipline or Significant professional/industry experience at a senior level in the subject matter/industry
- Relevant professional body registration (where applicable).
- Experience of delivering and supporting undergraduate or postgraduate students either in an online, distance learning or face to face environment. (where applicable)
- Professional /industry experience in music performance, one to one and group tuition and assessment at HE level. (where applicable)
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject or working towards achieving a PhD
- MSc in relevant discipline
- PG Cert for Teaching in Higher Education or other relevant qualification in teaching (or readiness to undertake)
- Ideally HEA membership or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment
For a detailed list of the requirements, you can read the full role profile here
Benefits We Offer
Click here to view our excellent benefits package
Salary: £32,816 - £39,152
Grade 5 (Secondment – up to NHS band 6)
Start Date: ASAP
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 3RD May
Closing date for applications:
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are unable to sponsor any candidate for this role.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and hold Disability Confident, Career Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here