Research Assistant in Core Flow Cytometry Lab
The Life Sciences Institute Flow Cytometry Core Lab provides flow cytometry services for researchers in the Immunology Programme, other groups within the Life Science Institute, and the wider NUS life sciences research community.
The lab currently has 3 cell sorters and 4 analysers, including a new Aurora Spectral Analyser flow cytometer. To help run our busy facility we are looking for a Lab Technician to join us.
While previous flow cytometry experience would be useful, it is not a pre-requisite as there will be training on the job.
The job scope of this position includes:
- Regular calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the flow cytometers, and data management
- Training users in basic flow cytometry
- Operating the cell sorters for researchers
- Troubleshooting problems that users encounter while using the flow cytometers
- Purchases, renewal of service contracts, collating flow cytometer usage time for billing
- Updating the user database, keeping track of laser licence expiry dates, coordinating the booking of flow cytometers
- Occasional setup and running flow cytometry experiments
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Meticulous and diligent.
- Independent, resourceful and able to work in a team.
- Knowledge on safety aspects of laboratories.
- Previous experience working in a biological lab would be useful.
- Competent knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Experience in flow cytometry, and/or cell culture advantageous.