Professor of Midwifery
We are seeking to recruit a Professor of Midwifery with an international reputation as an academic leader of midwifery related research and education.
If you are passionate about the midwifery profession and preparing future midwives, then this is the role for you! We will expect you to represent the University nationally and internationally, as a midwifery academic and an ambassador for the School of Health and Social Care (SHSC) and Edinburgh Napier University (ENU).
As a member of the Midwifery Subject Group within the SHSC, you will provide leadership and line management of the academic team in partnership with others. You will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community. You will be an active member of the School Leadership Team, which is led by the Dean and is collectively responsible for the successful implementation of the school strategy.
As part of the team, you will support midwifery academic colleagues with the development of their research capacity, grant writing and publications, and you will contribute to the delivery of the midwifery programmes at all levels around your areas of expertise.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching, Research or Business & Enterprise), supported by a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach towards personal development. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible and remote working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
If you’re excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic inter-professional team as a Professor of Midwifery, then we would love to receive an application from you!
- Qualification in relevant discipline at least to postgraduate level.
- Professional qualifications relevant to discipline.
- Current registration with the relevant Professional Statutory Regulatory Body for the role.
- Profile that demonstrates at least national standing and some international engagement.
- Generation of external income.
- Developing international reputation as a leader in the field
- A track record of securing external funding and support for research activity (as Principal Investigator or key contributor).
- Reputation for supporting, mentoring and bringing on other members of staff in area of scholarship, including Early Career Researchers. School or faculty level leadership and engagement with University wide groups, committees and projects.
- Doctoral level qualification.
For more information on the position, please see our full role profile Professor (Grade 8) here
For more information about the School and current recruitment campaign, click here.
How will we reward you?
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefit package.
Professor £64,603 - £73,630 per annum (Grade 8)
Further information about our benefits can be found here
For more information regarding this position please contact Mark Johnston
Application closing date: Thursday 22nd April (Midnight)
Please note due to COVID-19 it is possible that interviews will take place via video conferencing.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.