Research Scientist Positions (Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering Ltd.)
Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering Limited
• Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Expertise in any of the following areas: wearable and flexible electronics, signal and imaging processing, computational mathematics, machine learning and AI and nano robotics, low-field MRI, and interests in CVD applications is a must.
• Excellent oral communication and written skills in English, with good organizational and analytical abilities.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
• Previous experience in any of the areas including wearable devices, flexible sensing, biomedical signal processing, optical imaging, low-field MRI design, fast MRI,
multimodal imaging, nano-micro robotics, ultrasound and/or photo-acoustic imaging, drug delivery devices, computational fluid dynamics, cardiovascular modeling, AI and mobile health is highly desirable
• Hands-on experience with prototyping of biomedical systems/medical devices and physiological modeling is a plus.
Duration of Appointment:
Appointment for 1- 3 years, subject to the ITC approval.
Remuneration & Duration of Appointment:
Salary is highly competitive of international standard and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Initial appointments will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to 1-3 years commencing immediately. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to performance, mutual agreement, and funding availability.
The Application Materials that Should be Included:
• CV with a list of your publications.
• Cover letter with a brief summary of your relevant professional experience and knowledge, a brief description of what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (Maximum 2 pages long)
• Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English if the original documents are issued in any other languages.
• 2 Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
• Contact information for two reference persons who know your research work well. We reserve the right to contact references only for shortlisted candidates.
Please send your CV with a cover letter and other supporting materials by email with the subject of “Application for Research Position” to Secretariat.COCHE@cityu.edu.hk and email@example.com as early as possible.