Research Assistant/Research Associate
National University of Singapore (NUS), in partnership with the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE), is inviting enthusiastic individuals to apply for a full-time Research Assistant/Research Associate position. The successful candidate will join two excellent research groups led by Prof. Brian Kennedy at Centre for Healthy Longevity (CHL) and Prof. David Engelberg at Singapore-HUJ Alliance for Research and Enterprise (SHARE), providing a rare opportunity to work with experts from two different research fields in a single appointment.
At CHL (located at Center for Life Sciences, NUS), we focus on identifying mechanisms regulating aging and potential interventions that extend healthy lifespan at pre-clinical and clinical phases. At SHARE (located at CREATE), our group (MMID2) focuses on understanding mechanisms of inflammation that contribute to inflammatory diseases using in vitro and in vivo models. Both research groups provide world-class environment to support professional development of their members, including advanced research facilities, diverse scientific seminars, and constructive mentoring.
The successful candidate will be working closely with two postdoctoral Research Fellows to study the role of p38α MAP kinase on aging-related lung diseases. The study will utilize murine transgenic models (breeding, harvesting of organs) and various molecular/biochemical techniques such as qRT-PCR, western blot, immunohistochemical staining (IHC), ELISA, etc. The successful candidate is not expected to support administrative function for the groups, allowing him/her to focus entirely on developing scientific skills.
The appointment is a 1-year contract, with the possibility of extension for the candidate with high potential/performance
- BSc. or MSc. in biomedical sciences or related disciplines
- Prior experience with molecular/biochemical techniques (e.g. qRT-PCR, Western blot, IHC) is preferred
- Prior experience in mice work is an advantage
- Passionate about science and motivated to learn
- Highly responsible and able to work independently with integrity
- Good communication skills
- Both Singaporeans and foreigners are welcome to apply, but applicants must be currently residing in Singapore