- Full Time
NUS Mind-Science Centre, Department of Psychological Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
The Mind-Science Centre is under the direction of the NUS Department of Psychological Medicine. It focuses on the delivery of community-based interventions through evidence-based research without the use of drugs. MSC undertakes mental research across the age continuum and translates the outcomes into effective and scalable interventions in communities across Singapore and Asia.
The MSC has embarked on the region’s first multi-disciplinary and intergenerational ageing research – the “CHI Study”. The Study aims to investigate the biological, psychological and social factors that affect the ageing process, with the ultimate goal of putting in place nation-wide measures that help the elderly age well. The CHI Study has 10 cross-disciplinary co-investigators to holistically assess and develop potential interventions for older adults, as well as possible inter-generational interventions for those living with families.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate field work under the CHI Study.
- Assist in screening, recruitment and consent taking of participants.
- Conduct and administer assessments directly with participants.
- Maintain, track and update of all related administration and researchdocuments.
- Manage research data, data entry, data cleaning and ethics/legalcompliance.
- Conduct hypothesis-driven data analysis.
- Perform literature review and assist in writing research papers forpublication and conference presentation.
- Good Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from a recognised institution is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years working experience in academic or clinical research, preferable with prior experience working with the elderly.
- Experience in conducting psychological and neuropsychological assessments is preferred, otherwise necessary training will be provided.
- Able to perform analysis using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Knowledge in research ethics and completed the CITI.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Team-oriented with strong coordination and organisational skills, but still able to work independently.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice is a plus.
Applicants should send in their cover letter, CV, three referee letters, and a writing sample of their past academic work to Ms Madeline Han (email@example.com). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted as soon as possible for an interview.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Psychological Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No