Research Fellow, Physics
The successful candidate will work with Prof. Gong Jiangbin on topological phases and topological devices under a project on (MOE Tier-3 project) “Quantum Topological Devices and 3D Nanophotonic Integration”.
The main responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- To work closely with Prof. Gong Jiangbin from NUS (as well as Prof. Chong Yi Dong from NTU) to investigate quantum simulations using 3D waveguide devices, theoretical aspects of topological states, and related issues in quantum engineering. Special emphasis will be placed on novel functionalities of topological states, novel topological states of matter in nano-photonics setting, as well as novel aspects of photonic systems.
- Qualifications / Discipline: Ph.D in Physics.
- Strong computational and analytical skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members. Excellent written English.
- Keen to make innovations, with a long term interest in pursuing academic research excellence.
- Research experience in photonics, light-matter interaction and condensed-matter physics will be very useful.
Location: Kent Ridge
Organization: Faculty of Science