Postdoctoral Researcher in Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience
Department of Psychology
Salary: £35,931 to £36,938 per annum pro rata - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Tuesday 06 April 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Applications are invited for a Post-doctoral Researcher to work with Dr Nura Sidarus as part of the ESRC funded project “A Computational Approach to Understanding Maladaptive Cognition in Depression”. The project will investigate the neurocomputational mechanisms of maladaptive cognition underlying depressive symptoms, through online, clinical, and neuroimaging studies focusing on attribution and value-based decision-making and learning.
We are looking for talented, highly-skilled and motivated researchers with a PhD in neuroscience, psychology or cognitive science, with considerable experience applying mathematical modelling techniques to data. Strong abilities in programming and statistics are essential. Expertise in neuroscience of mental health and fMRI are highly desirable.
The Psychology Department, located in Egham, close to Central London, has an excellent research profile (rated 6th in the latest Research Excellence Framework) and benefits from state-of-the-art research facilities (e.g. MRI, TMS, EEG, cognitive behavioural testing suites, Babylab).
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
The preferred start date is Summer 2021, or as soon as can be arranged, for up to December 2022. Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Nura Sidarus at Nura.Sidarus@rhul.ac.uk and more information about the project can be found here: https://gtr.ukri.org/project/87F3B93A-C9BD-4240-BBDC-7596C165DFBF.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit online:
- the College’s standard online application form (this can be completed by clicking 'apply now')
- 1 full curriculum vitae with a list of publications (including preprints) and contact details of two academic referees; (please ensure this is attached to your online application form)
- a 1-page statement of past and current research activities and areas of interest; (please ensure this is attached to your online application form)
- a 1-page research statement that outlines some of your ideas on how to study maladaptive cognition in depression. (please ensure this is attached to your online application form)
Please submit these documents as attachments as part of your online application form. We cannot guarantee that documents sent separately via email will be considered
Please quote the reference: 0221-029
Closing Date: Midnight, 6 April 2021
Interview Date: TBC