A Research Engineer position is open in the research group of Professor Massimo Alioto, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS). The Research Engineer will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) on one or more research projects.
The project aims to explore flexible and ultra-low power always-on silicon platforms (e.g., for IoT). Innovative power management techniques with very wide power-performance scaling will be investigated to minimize the system energy. Such techniques will be investigated for digital sub-systems in advanced technologies.The Candidate will be responsible to conduct research at the circuit level, defining and validating design options and defining new integrated circuit techniques.
The initial appointment duration is 12 months, which can then be extended based on an evaluation at the end of the initial appointment.
- Possess a Masters Degree in either Electrical Engineering or strictly related (e.g., Computer, Communication or Information Engineering).
- Be specialized in the area of integrated circuits/systems
- Possess expertise proved through coursework and projects during his/her studies. Knowledge of integrated circuit CAD design tools (e.g., Cadence, Mentor Graphics) experience is highly valued. Experience in circuit- and system-level design is also desirable.
- Have well-established analytical and problem solving skills, as documented by publications that are relevant to the field, and silicon chip demonstrations.
- Excellent communication skills as he/she is required to publish and to present results at conferences and journals independently.
- Activity performed in world-class research environments is highly valued.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
- Open to fixed-term contract.