Research Fellow/Research Associate, Social Service Research Centre
Social Service Research Centre (SSR) at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS), would like to invite suitable candidates to apply for a full‐time position as Research Fellow or Research Associate. The appointment will be for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
Since April 2015, SSR has been creating change through impactful social service research and capability development. We are dedicated to promote and test social innovations and help evolve a new social service infrastructure for Singapore's next phase of social development. As the only entity dedicated to research on social interventions in Singapore, SSR is the focal point of rigorous applied research, working in tandem with social service leaders in government, civil society, and private philanthropic institutions to critic, test-bed and facilitate large-scale, community-based service innovations through a variety of methods including programme evaluation and social analytics. SSR celebrates its 5th year anniversary this year and will continue to contribute to improving lives through rigorous research.
The Research Fellow or Research Associate will have the opportunity to work with different teams of academic, field practitioners, government and non-governmental agencies in a variety of research projects. He or she is expected to contribute to the Centre’s growing range of research projects, research training programs, and capability development of the social service sector.
His/Her responsibilities include contributing to quantitative analyses in the project “In-Work Poverty and the Challenges of Getting By among the Young” as well as providing research mentorship and imparting quantitative research methods to participants of our training programs or social service agencies. The Research Fellow is also expected to lead in independent research and seek research funding opportunities.
The candidate should possess the following:
- PhD in relevant discipline (social sciences, public policy, public health, communications, behavioural studies) for Research Fellow position OR Masters Degree in relevant discipline with at least 2 years of experience in social service research and training for Research Associate position
- Specialised in quantitative research
- Demonstrated very good knowledge, skills and expertise with potential to achieve research excellence and social impact.
- A strong team player who is able to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively and harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Interested applicants should include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- A writing sample (Published paper, thesis or research article)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrollsso and transcript of grades
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Social Service Research Centre