Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Participate in the development of a new carbon sequestration fluidized bed reactor for use on land and at sea. Perform a techno-economic analysis of our new process. Perform basic laboratory experiments and engineering test-bed runs.
This is a one year term position.
- Perform techno-economic analysis of low carbon shipping options.
- Operate, analyze, and redesign carbon capture prototype reactor.
- Model reactor output under a variety of design constraints.
- Assist in laboratory experiments to improve reactor design.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical).
- Two years of work experience in shipping industry economics, fuel requirements, and logistics.
- Demonstrated techno-economic analysis of industry processes.
- Ability to work on a small team and perform overlapping duties with other team members.
- Master of Science in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical).
- Two years of work experience in low carbon options for marine shipping.
- Ability to work on laboratory, commercial prototype, and system modeling projects.
- Resume or curriculum vitae