Senior Research Scientist
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Caltech Bioinformatics Resource Center is searching for a Senior Research Scientist to work on the study design and subsequent analysis of large scale genetics and genomics experiments being conducted at Caltech. The individual will collaborate with biologists, working across diverse systems.
- Ability to develop methods for genetic and genomics data.
- Collaborate in creating, modifying and applying analysis pipelines and process large datasets.
- Assist in advising students and student projects.
- Provide guidance and direction to graduate students, staff and other researchers regarding direction of the project and interpretation of research results.
- Have or acquire current familiarity with methods of data analysis for transciptomics, metagenomics, genome-wide association studies and genetic analysis.
- Apply scientific knowledge and proven protocols to solve practical and relevant problems.
- Work as a consultant on the design of experiments, grant writing, interpreting and analyzing genetics and genomics data.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, statistics, or another related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of statistical genomics, statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology, biostatics, and mathematical statistics.
- Fluency in R and Python.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to develop and lead bioinformatics short courses for biologists.
- Experience in statistical genetics.